Quadorables
Welcome to Quadorables, the friendly chat and support forum.

Registration is not necessary however if you do wish to join, please spend a few moments to fill out your profile.

Meet us all in the lounge and have a drink Very Happy

Quadorables

Welcome to Quadorables, chat debate and socialize with friends.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Quadorables
Top posters
Sleek (1032)

clockmad (682)

mcblob2 (293)

Kirin Moon (273)

Admin (187)

nuttie (178)

BabsnRay (94)

DREAMYEYES (22)

Lagerassassin (7)

hazy (7)

Quadorables
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 14 on Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:11 am
Latest topics
» THE QUIDS INN FUN LOUNGE AND BAR
Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:56 am by clockmad

» Forum closure
Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:18 pm by clockmad

» someting Quad wrote Using paypal and a html code
Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:41 pm by sabine

» Quads Official F1 members League Table
Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:36 pm by Admin

» Quads Formula 1 2009 League
Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:23 am by clockmad

» The Daily Jigsaw
Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:32 am by clockmad

» Quadorables Daily Quiz Challenge
Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:39 pm by BabsnRay

» THE QUIDS INN FUN LOUNGE AND BAR
Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:40 am by Sleek

» Quad - I'm after a favour
Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:26 am by BabsnRay

Share | 

Babs n Rays Tribute Journal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BabsnRay
Wearing Nappies
Wearing Nappies

Number of posts : 94
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-02-03

PostSubject: Babs n Rays Tribute Journal   Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Those that have known me a while may know that both Ray and myself have an active interest and high regard for our armed forces and it may come as fresh information for those that have come to know me recently.

As we are both active members of our local Royal Engineers Association (REA) branch we attend varioius social events, remembrance services and other activities as spectators by invitation as representatives of the REA, or branch trips, or by our own free will. Ray did his time in the armed forces, both as regular and TA and has seen combat first hand, and lost comrades along the way.

Besides the natural interest from Ray, I myself have had an interest in history - which has developed into military history. From reading about military history and our involvement with the REA, it encouraged an interest in the writing various articles for our REA branch newsletters.

I have had a coule of articles published in local magazines, but that was by the editors request and not me seeking 'fame' - although, if I ever wanted to go back to work, I dare say it would look good on the cv.

I have come to a point in life now where I want to share my experiences, and my writing with a wider audience. It could be said that I'm showing off - maybe - but someone has to do it and I have no children to share things with everyone else can benefit.

If you have an interest in military or are just curious to see what I've written then please feel free to take a peek. It is still a work in progress, with articles, pics and photos being constantly added, with more to add as life clicks by and we do new things. Consider it my on line diary or Journal - but a Tribute Journal to our Troops, our Soldiers, those that took the Kings Shilling and fell on the battlefield, and those that died at the hands of their captors in POW camps.

http://babsnraystributejournal.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://babsnray.webs.com/
nikki

Number of posts : 1
Warning Level :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Babs n Rays Tribute Journal   Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:41 am

Hi BabsnRay...I didn't have as much time to look over your site as I would of liked so have bookmarked you for another visit. Looks like a very well put together site.

I notice you are in Swansea...you lucky people. I holiday in Porthcawl/Penclawdd and surrounds and visit Oxwich where my mums ashes are scattered.

From a Welshie with London accent Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Babs n Rays Tribute Journal
Page 1 of 1